Tax is chief income of source to state government and funds are collected by State Government to provide basic civic facilities and services. These taxes are collected by local municipal authorities from owners of land and property. Department will make parks, maintaining roads and drains, sewer system and light posts, etc.
Bangalore citizens have to pay their tax to Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike viz to local body of city. Every asset related to land is liable to taxation. According to nature and usage, location of property tax is to be determined. Tax can be paid once in annual and rate Unit Area Volume (UAV) and this rate depend on Government of Bangalore according to zones and there are six value zones in Karnataka.
How to pay BBMP Property Tax: –
There are two ways to pay property tax one is manual mode and other is online mode. Whichever is convenient for you, you can proceed.
Offline / manual mode: –
In this mode, property owner should have to fill form and submit it to anyone of Bangalore centers or submit to Assistance Revenue Officer along with a cheque or Demand Draft for tax payment.
If you selected payment through challan then some of banks are there which accepts payment of property tax. So, take application form and submit it at bank counter along with challan.
Online mode: –
Online mode is a very convenient mode for citizens of Karnataka state. Simply fill form and complete payment through net banking or Credit/ Debit cards any one of options. Following steps will show you about online payable mode of property tax.
Steps to be followed: –
- Visit Bangalore municipal corporation website https://bbmptax.karnataka.gov.in
- On right side of webpage select SAS application number or PID number or NEW PID number which is available on property tax receipt from drop-down list and then enter relevant number in followed empty field and select Retrieve option.
- After checking property such as status of tenancy, area or property occupancy and owner details select proceed option then page will redirect to form IV of property tax if details of property and property owner details changed then tick right one and select proceed option which web page opens at form V.
- Now ensure filled details in both form IV/ form V before proceeding to payment option. After confirmation of entered details is correct then proceed for payment option.
- Here also two options of payments either online or offline mode through taking challan print out and submitting it at bank counter.
- Now you have to pay payment through online Net Banking, Credit Card/ Debit Card, e-wallets. Once payment is completed receipt will be generated and it will take around 24 hours to available on portal for downloading and taking printout.
- If you face any issue or problem at time of payment or unsuccessful payment you can resume payment using current SAS application number or you can contact nearest BBMP by contactus@email@example.com
Property tax payments: –
Period of property starts from April of every year and ends on March month of subsequent year and tax to be paid within 30 April of subsequent financial year.
BBMP is also referring to 50% of offered rebate on property tax paid in one installment within due date.
Delayed payment of property tax attracts with 2% interest per month if per annum interest is 24%.
Property can also pay in installment without any interest and rebate.