A marriage certificate is a legal record that certifies marriage bound of both bride and bridegroom. Concerned state Government is empowered to issue marriage certificate in every state of India. We have mentioned procedure for obtaining Maharashtra marriage certificate in detail knows a day’s government is providing a complete facility online. In India marriage is acting under two acts
1) Hindu Marriage Act
2) Hindu marriage act applies to Hindus.
Benefit of Marriage Certificate
Following is benefit of obtaining marriage certificate in Maharashtra
- A marriage certificate proves that marriage has occurred and can be used as an official record.
- It assures minimum age for marriage to restrict child marriages.
- This certificate permits widows to claim inheritance.
- It can also be used to check bigamy or polygamy.
- It serves as a deterrent to husbands abandoning their wives.
- This certificate assists women to exercise their rights of asylum from husband and for custody of children.
- Besides, its usage continues while appealing for passport service, visa to obtain immigration benefits
Bride and groom should satisfy following terms and conditions of eligibility to acquire marriage certificate in Maharashtra:
- Groom or bride should be a permanent resident of India for obtaining marriage certificate in Maharashtra.
- At time of marriage, concerned party should have a living spouse.
- Groom must have attained age of 21, and bride must be age of 18.
Party should apply to office of Inspector general Registration under that jurisdiction marriage occurred or spouses have to stay for at least 6 months before wedding. For registration have to follow some which come under jurisdiction of Registration Officer:
- A resident of bridegroom
- Resident of bride
- Solemnization place
In India, marriage can be recorded under Special Marriage Act or Hindu Marriage Act. special marriage act applies to all citizens of India. On other hand, Hindu Marriage Act only applies to Hindus. Special marriage act provides solemnization of marriage as well as registration by a marriage officer.
Follow documents have must be attached while applying for marriage
- Application form
- Affidavit of couple is needed in which place of marriage occurred including details of marriage date, marital status, and nationality.
- Passport size photo and photograph of a marriage invitation card, if any.
- Residency proof of Applicant
- Birth certificate of groom (Age Proof)
- Birth certificate of bride (Age Proof)
- If marriage happens at a religious place then declaration by priest.
- For divorced people, order of divorce and verified copy of death certificate is required in case of a widower/widow.
Maharashtra Marriage Registration Application Procedure
Step 1: please visit home page of official website
Step 2: go with “Online Service” in that option select “Marriage Registration” Option
Step 3: online application form will open. Fill application form with appropriate details that are given in that form.
Step 4: After filling form fill Form D then send applicant’s e-mail and it can be download in PDF format
Step 5: After completing online registration concerned party should visit marriage registration office and submit download application along with required documents
Concerned State Government issue certificate with validity of lifetime