Uttar Pradesh Marriage Registration Rule 2017 has provided for compulsory registration of all marriage solemnized in state. Marriage can be registered under Uttar Pradesh Hindu Marriage Registration Rules, 1973. Upon registering a marriage, marriage registration certificate will be issued. Marriage Certificate is a very important document as it a legal proof of marriage between two individuals. Look at procedure for obtaining Uttar Pradesh marriage registration certificate.
Uttar Pradesh Marriage Registration Rules 2017
Central Government of Uttar Pradesh has made some rules and regulation on marriage registration has been implementing in UP since August 2017 by Women Welfare Department. As per provision of rules and regulation, UP Government has made marriage registration mandatory in state, also including Muslim community. To register for marriage need to follow below procedure.
- To prevent child marriages
- For enabling widows to claim inheritance
- To help women to exercise their rights of maintenance from husband and custody of children
- To check bigamy or polygamy
- To serve as a deterrent to husbands deserting their wives
Uttar Pradesh Hindu Marriage Registration Rules, 1973
As per Rule of Hindu Marriage Registration Rules 1973, below-mentioned conditions should be satisfied by bride and groom.
- Marriages should be performed under Hindu customs
- Groom and Bridegroom should be Hindus
- Groom should have completed 21 years and bride age should be 18 years at time of marriage
- Any of below-mentioned places should fall within jurisdiction of Registering Officer in Uttar Pradesh
- Residence of bridegroom
- Residence of bride
- Solemnization place
Benefits of UP Marriage Certificate
Purpose of obtaining Uttar Pradesh marriage certificate is explained as follows:
- Marriage certificate proves that a woman is legally married to person (Details are in marriage certificate)
- Marriage registration certificate enables social security and self-confidence to a married woman.
- marriage certificate is mandatory for claiming bank deposits or insurance-related benefits to a spouse.
- In case of a married person, a marriage certificate needs to be produced for applying for a passport.
Documents Required for UP Marriage Registration
Documents required for registering themselves for marriage in UP are list below:
- Marriage registration Application forms
- Affidavit in prescribed format
- Age proof of Groom and Bride – Birth certificate or Mark Sheet
- Address Proof – Ration card, Voter ID, Driving license Passport
- Address Proof – Adhaar card, Pan Card and Voter ID
- Photographs of couples (Joint Photo of bride and groom)
- Wedding Card (Marriage invitation letter)
- Witness Photographs – Two witness
|1.||Marriage registration within month of solemnization||Rs.10/-|
|2.||Marriage registration after 30 days of solemnization||Rs.20/-|
Penalty for Delayed Registration
UP Government has also fixed penalty for delay in marriage registration additional Rs.10 for delay up to a year and Rs.50 for every additional year.
Marriage registration Procedure
The UP Government marriage Registration through online is on the based on Aadhar Card process. Both Bride and Groom should possess a valid Aadhaar card to register their marriage through online. Guidelines for registering marriage in UP are explained below.
Visit the home page of integrated Grievance Redressal System
By clicking on the option of applying under Marriage registration, the page will be redirected to the next page.
On this page, you have to enter the Aadhar card number of the Groom. Once you enter an OTP will be sent to the groom’s registered number. After entering the OTP, all details of the Groom will be sourced from the Aadhar card database including the photo.
On the next screen, you need to enter the bride’s mobile number and further the OTP. Once OTP is entered, the bride details will be getting from the database.
On the next page, you have to enter all the personal details of the Groom as given in the PDF.
Then upload the photograph and all the documents of the groom mentioned above and click on save.
In the next step, you need to enter all the details of the bride and upload documents of the bride. And then click on save.
Once all the details of the bride and groom are provided, you have to enter details of marriage such as date of marriage and place of marriage. After filling details, click on save.
Then enter details of entered and upload photographs.
After entering all the details, you can preview the details already entered.
If all details are correct which have entered then read the message show and click on submit.
Application number and password will be shown and noted with for future reference.
You need to pay a fee for the registration
After processing the concerned authority will issue a Marriage Certificate.
Marriage Registration Verification
Selected marriage verification option form the home page of IGRSUP. The page will redirect to the new page, provide application number and marriage date. Then click on the ‘see button’ to verify the details of marriage verification.
UP Marriage Registration Certificate Downloading Steps:
Log in to the portal again using application number and password for downloading a marriage certificate. Enter the captcha image shown and then click on sign in. then finally download the marriage certificate